Tuesday 11 February 2014

#4 Pancakes


When I was younger; whenever I thought of pancakes, I would make thin crepes and eat them with desiccated coconut and raisins. I thought they were heaven. I was then introduced to fluffy and airy pancakes lathered with butter and a generous drizzle of honey. I can't remember the last time I made crepes!

Recipe courtesy goes to Varun's mother - Vaneeta.

The best part of this recipe is that it's absolutely fool-proof. The only thing that could go wrong is if you forget about the pancake and it burns to a crisp (this has happened to me... numerous times).

You start off with collecting all your ingredients. You need flour, milk, sugar, eggs, oil and baking powder.


Just throw all the ingredients into a bowl and mix to get a smooth, almost satiny batter.


Pour a ladle-full onto a frying pan. You will know that it is ready to flip when the entire surface is covered in little bubbles.


Simply cook it for a minute or so on the other side. Spread a generous bit of butter all over and drizzle some honey on top! Heavenly!


Ingredients

  • 1 cup Flour
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 1tbsp Sugar
  • 2tbsp Oil
  • 1 Egg
  • 2tsp Baking Powder
  • Oil for frying
  • Butter and Honey to drizzle on top

Mix all the batter ingredients together to get a smooth, silky batter.

Heat up a little oil in a frying pan on a medium heat. Pour in one ladle-full of batter. You will know that it is time to flip when numerous bubbles appear on the surface. Cook on the other side for a further minute.

Serve hot with butter and honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment